Ordinarily, it is believed that the Honda car is one of the most beloved cars ever. As a matter of fact, it is ranked amongst the coolest. Excellent engineering and comfort are the two major reasons Honda owners often go for the same model over again.
However, it is true that every other vehicles develop mechanical problems at some point in time. But based on reported complains, Honda now seems to be one of the leading cars in matters of mechanical issues.
With this in mind, the decision was made to point out some mechanical problems that are common with most Honda cars.
What are the most common Honda car problems?
1. Vibration when braking: It is believed that warped front brake rotors is the major cause of this Honda car problem. It can be rattling, shaking or a rubbing kind of sensation. In some cases, the Honda car rotors can be machined as a fix. If too thin, the rotors will have to require replacement. Sadly, Honda cars with over 98,000 mileage are likely to have this issues.
2. Oil and coolant leaks: Certain models of Honda car can leak oil externally or allow coolant into the combustion chamber due to a faulty head gasket. In other to correct this Honda car problem, The head gasket should be replaced.
3. Transmission failure: Usually over 70,000 miles, transmission spillage, poor shifting, skipping, or failure may occur in some Honda cars. And the repair to this problem might require a transmission overhaul or complete replacement.
4. Power door lock failure: This Honda car problem is one problem that can be very very frustrating because the power door lock usually activates on their own. And this happens with Honda cars that travel over 105,000 miles. Also, the Honda car remote door lock control will refuse to function properly.
A Honda car with door lock issue
5. Dashboard display dark: For Honda Accords with more than 109,000 miles, you might experience the dashboard display going dark, especially the radio and climate control. This Honda car problem is caused by a faulty circuit board which should be replaced.
6. Cracked Exhaust: Cracked exhaust is common on both exhaust manifolds and manifold/converter combination. The Honda car problem will be fixed by replacing the cracked component.
7. Air conditioner blowing hot air: The Honda car AC condenser fail due to contact with road debris and a lack of protection for the condenser
8. Compliance Bushing Cracking: A part of your Honda car steering/suspension mechanism is broken the moment you start hearing squealing or feel shuddering when turning. The compliance bushing is typically the culprit, especially in Accords with 95,000 miles or more.
9. Hood Release Cable may break at handle: This is not a general problem; it is only confine to some models of Honda car, and this we have come to know based on observation. Here the hood release cable breaks at the hood release handle.
10. Failure of Power Window Switch: On Certain Honda car models, a faulty power window switch can cause the power windows to work or not work periodically.
Furthermore, alongside these common Honda car problems, we shall also brief on the 2008 model of Honda Accord and this is because based on reported complaints and investigation, the 2008 Honda Accord model has been deemed as the most problematic of all Honda cars.
Indeed, the 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects such as poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, and uncomfortable seats. Also included among the defects of the 2008 Honda Accord are listed below.
What are the most common problems associated with the 2008 Honda Accord model?
No start due to ignition failure
Interior accessories problem
Exterior accessories problem
Seat belts and airbag problem
Problem shifting into 3rd gear
Fuel system problem
Excessive oil consumption